Thursday 9 October 2014

We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming...

If you permit, I am going to take a little detour. 

Since I was diagnosed with GAD, my life has pretty much revolved around having an anxiety disorder. A part of why I'm documenting this process is because I want to find my way back. A major part of my anxiety cluster is fear of failure, and extreme self-criticism. So today, I'm going to have a quick look at some of the girls that I am, aside from Anxiety Girl. 

 

Trivia Girl

 

I'm not going to be modest. I am the trivia queen. I love all obscure and random facts. I remember these far more than I remember what I did yesterday. I love it, and I have a trophy to prove that I'm that good! 

Loyal Friend

 


I don't generally care much for people. But the ones I select to be in my life are very important to me, and I will do anything for them. I have some trust issues, so I don't share things easily, but I'm trying to improve that. I recently met a new friend. He stuck by me through all the craziness of my deepest, darkest depression, which goes to show that even a new friend can be a true friend. For my real friends, RB, RC, CH, JD JKB, TB, SQ, NA and all the others who mean a lot to me - couldn't have got this far without you.  


Book Lover

A big part of my childhood was spent hiding. For me, this took the form of escaping into the millions of different worlds offered to me by books. A lot of the general knowledge I have I learnt from books. I learnt about horses and horseracing from Dick Francis. I learnt about serial killers from Ann Rule. I learnt about secret gardens, railway children, hobbits, dragons, vampires, ballerinas and children, just like me, who are different. I learnt about different people and cultures. I also learnt how to be interested in far-away places. Which brings me to...

Inveterate Traveller

 

As long as I can remember, I have wanted to travel. Of course my budget hasn't permitted the amount of travel I would have liked, but I have managed to see some amazing places. My bucket list consists mainly of places that I still need to see, and the number one at the top of the list is the Grand Canyon. Watch this space!

Animal Lover 

 

I love animals and wish I could dedicate my life to saving animals. If you agree, please go and make a small donation to an animal shelter, or even better, adopt a pet. The difference you will make to their lives and yours is priceless.

Rock Chick

 

Shakespeare says Music soothes the savage beast, and that is true for me of Rock. Loud, fast, dirty, steely metal and rock. One of the few things on my bucket list that isn't about travelling is about learning to play the drums. Working on that too. 

Giant Nerdgirl

 

I am more of a geek than a nerd, but I am a nerd nonetheless. I recently stood in a queue to sit on the actual Iron Throne. I don't think I need to say anything more than I have a radio-controlled Dalek, and a TARDIS USB hub. 
 
But first, let me take a shelfie...



So, there it is. I'm not just a girl with a disorder. I'm more. A lot more. And I'm so glad I spent some time remembering that.




No comments:

Post a Comment